Thursday, February 8, 2007

What I Miss Most

I'm doing alright with homesickness - 3 months isn't too much to handle. But these are the main reasons I don't think I could permanently move overseas:

Chipotle
I'm sure I have gone 3 months without Chipotle before but at least I always had the option of eating Chipotle. Yummy rice, beans, chicken, sour cream and cheese wrapped up so perfectly in a tortilla - sigh, that's perfection.

Starbucks
I know. It's terrible. But what I wouldn't give for a good cup of coffee to go. "Take away" coffee is uncommon here, as it sounds like it is in other parts of the world as well. Apparently we're all supposed to sit down and enjoy our coffee, which is ridiculous. My Aunt Karen wrote me an email and said the first thing she did when they got back from Europe was stop at a coffee shop at the airport and get a large cup to go.

And now on to the more obvious...

My Niece and Nephew
Aren't they the greatest? All of that energy, fun, playfulness and snuggly hugs rolled up into two amazing children. I miss dancing and being silly with Angelina and listening to Landon try out all kinds of new words.

My Boyfriend
Isn't he the greatest? He makes me laugh more than anyone I have ever met - and laughter is an important part of life. He's supportive of whatever I set out to do and is there at the end of the day for me to rant or rave to. Also, he's snuggly. And I'm quite fond of his cat.

No comments: