Thursday, January 25, 2007

Photos I Didn't Take

I haven't taken many photos here so I'm cheating: here are some photos that other people took (I found them on flickr.com). But they're all pictures I could have taken, i.e. places I have been, things I have seen. How's that for a compromise?


The Beach


Hair Cut Salon


Smith Street


Woman Carrying Bag on Her Head (This is incredibly common.)



This is How We Drive


Gateway Mall ( the largest mall in the Southern Hemisphere)


Harbor at Sunset

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Annie,
It is so much fun keeping in touch with your days via the blog (and cheaper than using the cell phone!)
What you ate is spelled Vet Koek, and it does mean "cooked in fat", just like it sounds. The Afrikaans version of a donut. The Zulu word for it is (singular):igwinya Plural:amagwinya. If you use those words, Zulu people will be amazed! In a nice way!